db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Kempff, Malte" <Malte.Kem...@de.equens.com>
Subject AW: DERBY_OPTS/DERBY_CMD_LINE_ARGS is there anywhere a list
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 08:54:32 GMT
Thanks Peter,
Well that is pretty inspiring. Do you have that stuff in an own batch file or did you extend
one of those found in the bin folder of Derby?
I tried it now by just providing the DERBY_OPTS  as permanently OS-user-variable. Is that
the proper/standard way or are there also other recommendations?

Malte

Von: Peter Ondruška [mailto:peter.ondruska@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. Februar 2014 11:31
An: Derby Discussion
Betreff: Re: DERBY_OPTS/DERBY_CMD_LINE_ARGS is there anywhere a list

On my Windows I start Derby network server like this:

set DROPBOX=%USERPROFILE%\Dropbox
set PATH=%DROPBOX%\derby\bin;%PATH%
set DERBY_OPTS=-Xms256m -Xmx256m
set DERBY_OPTS=-Dderby.storage.pageCacheSize=4096 %DERBY_OPTS%

set DERBY_OPTS=-Djava.security.manager %DERBY_OPTS%
set DERBY_OPTS=-Djava.security.policy=%DROPBOX%\config\derby.policy %DERBY_OPTS%
set DERBY_OPTS=-Dderby.system.home=C:\TEMP %DERBY_OPTS%
start "Derby server" startNetworkServer

Peter

On 26 Feb 2014, at 11:23, "Kempff, Malte" <Malte.Kempff@de.equens.com<mailto:Malte.Kempff@de.equens.com>>