db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Number of connection to an embedded derby database
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 14:55:14 GMT
> I have used *EmbeddedConnectionPoolDataSource *class for connection pooling and I just
want to check if my connection are actually being pooled.

You could attach a memory debugger, like the Eclipse Heap
Analysis Tool, and look at the histogram of classes, and
look at the number of instances of the classes in question.

For example, you could look for N instances of your high-level
connection class, and expect to see K instances of the lower-level
Derby connection class, where K is the number that you configured
into your pool.

thanks,

bryan