db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Number of connection to an embedded derby database
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 13:34:20 GMT
On 2/18/14 9:04 AM, Rohit Jhunjhunwala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using an embedded derby database (Apache Derby 10.8.1.2) in my
> java desktop application.
> I would like to know that is there any way to monitor the number of
> active connections from my desktop application to the derby database.
>
> I understand that embedded derby db does not allows connection from
> multiple JVM; still for the sake of completeness, are there any
> special tools which will publish connection stats while my application
> is active.
>
> I have used *EmbeddedConnectionPoolDataSource *class for connection
> pooling and I just want to check if my connection are actually being
> pooled.
>

> Thanks,
> Rohit Jhunjhunwala
Hi Rohit,

Derby does not provide an api for retrieving this useful information. I
have added it to the list of database behaviors which users would like
to track: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5772

The issue has come up before. It's possible that someone has a tool or
workaround which they could share.

Thanks,
-Rick