db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: adding a record to a table
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 13:13:21 GMT
On 2/17/14 8:45 PM, Bob M wrote:
> Hi guys (John and Rick)
> Thank you for your considerations (even though they are a bit above my level
> of comprehension)
>
> I have added a constraint a follows:-
>
> CONSTRAINT tablekey_pk PRIMARY KEY(Trading Date, Trading_Time)
> however, lets step back a bit............after reading your suggested
> readings
>
> [A]
> 1) searching for derby.log on my C drive results in
> 2 shortcuts
> 4 text documents
> and some other odd things............
>
> The first text document is in C:\Databases dated 18/2/2014 1.17KB
> The second is in C:\Users\Stan\Downloads same date 1.05KB
> The third and fourth are dated 1 Dec 2013
> I don't understand why I have so many ?
>
> [B]
> derby.properties file
> I read that one has to provide this file oneself
> and yet I have one!
> it is located in C:\Users\Stan\.netbeans-derby
> In that folder is also
> (a) a subfolder called Weka Input
> derby.log dated 1 Dec 2013
> the derby.properties is dated 18/2/2014 and contains two commented lines - a
> heading and a date
> I have since added the extra line as John has suggested
>
> But, my question is - does this setup look like a mess to you?
Hi Bob,

I don't see anything alarming. It looks as though you have more than one
program which boots Derby. Typically, each program will have its own
customized properties file and each program will have its own derby.log.
The general rule is this: you need to create your own derby.properties
file in the directory where you boot your program, and that's the same
directory where you'll find your program-specific derby.log.

Hope this helps,
-Rick