db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: How to log queries in Apache Derby?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 14:39:18 GMT
Hi Paul,

Some comments inline...

On 2/1/14 12:14 PM, Paul Linehan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to log queries to my Apache Derby server.
>

> My $DERBY_HOME is as follows - Ubuntu Linux 64bit - Java jdk1.7.0_45.
> Can access my database through Squirrel and ij.
>
> =======================================
> linehanp@lg12l9:~/derby/db-derby-10.10.1.1-bin/bin$ echo $DERBY_HOME
> /users/ugrad/linehanp/derby/db-derby-10.10.1.1-bin
> linehanp@lg12l9:~/derby/db-derby-10.10.1.1-bin/bin$
> =======================================
>
> I launch derby by issuing the command (from $DERBY_HOME)
>
> java -jar $DERBY_HOME/lib/derbyrun.jar server start
> or sometimes
> ./bin/startNetworkServer
That command line suggests that the current directory of the JVM is
$DERBY_HOME. The derby.properties file should live in the current
directory, according to the instructions here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/devguide/cdevsetprop13074.html
> I created a file called derby.properties in $DERBY_HOME/bin
I would not expect Derby to look for derby.properties in that directory,
unless you boot the JVM with this property setting:

-Dderby.system.home=$DERBY_HOME/bin

I would expect to find derby.log in the JVM's current directory unless,
again, you set derby.system.home to some other value. In that case, I
would expect to find derby.log in the directory indicated by
derby.system.home.

Hope this helps,
-Rick