db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bob M <rgmatth...@orcon.net.nz>
Subject Re: adding a record to a table
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 04:45:12 GMT
Hi guys (John and Rick)
Thank you for your considerations (even though they are a bit above my level
of comprehension)

I have added a constraint a follows:-

CONSTRAINT tablekey_pk PRIMARY KEY(Trading Date, Trading_Time)
however, lets step back a bit............after reading your suggested
readings

[A]
1) searching for derby.log on my C drive results in
2 shortcuts
4 text documents
and some other odd things............

The first text document is in C:\Databases dated 18/2/2014 1.17KB
The second is in C:\Users\Stan\Downloads same date 1.05KB
The third and fourth are dated 1 Dec 2013
I don't understand why I have so many ?

[B]
derby.properties file
I read that one has to provide this file oneself
and yet I have one!
it is located in C:\Users\Stan\.netbeans-derby
In that folder is also
(a) a subfolder called Weka Input
derby.log dated 1 Dec 2013
the derby.properties is dated 18/2/2014 and contains two commented lines - a
heading and a date
I have since added the extra line as John has suggested

But, my question is - does this setup look like a mess to you?