db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Melissa Mifsud <melissa.anne.mif...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting derby.storage.pageSize
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 04:40:09 GMT
Version: 10.10.1.1 (Embedded)

I have been trying to set the derby.storage.pageSize on an index according
to http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/ref/rrefproper40688.html in the
hope that increasing the pageSize will help with a large insert/update.

It seems the value doesn't seem to be changing. The relevant part of my
script is:

call
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.storage.pageSize','16384');
-- CREATE TABLE DataSource...
CREATE INDEX dataSource_path_idx ON DataSource(connectorId, path);
select p, syscs_util.syscs_get_database_property(p) from (values
'derby.storage.pageCacheSize', 'derby.storage.pageSize') props(p);
call SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.storage.pageSize',
'4096');
select p, syscs_util.syscs_get_database_property(p) from (values
'derby.storage.pageCacheSize', 'derby.storage.pageSize') props(p);

Both selects give the same output:
P                                         |2

derby.storage.pageCacheSize               |4000

derby.storage.pageSize                    |NULL

So I have (earlier in the script) changed the pageCacheSize property using
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY but the pageSize does not change.
Running select pagesize from table (syscs_diag.space_table('APP',
'DataSource')) s; returns no rows.

   1. Is there a way to check what the pageSize of an index is?
   2. Is there some other way I should be setting the pageSize property?

Thanks,
Melissa