db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dyre Tjeldvoll <Dyre.Tjeldv...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Derby in production environment
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 19:44:09 GMT

On 16. jan. 2014, at 15:56, Dyre Tjeldvoll <Dyre.Tjeldvoll@oracle.com> wrote:

> The URL you are referring to is NOT the official Derby web page, and the statements made
there are not correct for the latest version of Apache Derby. The official page can be found
here

> http://db.apache.org/derby/
>
>  Derby *is* used in production and it has security controls as described here:
>
> Configuring security for Derby
>
> I *think* that the page you refer to describe the state of a MessageBroker application
running in WebSphere that *can* use Derby internally, but this configuration is not recommended
for the reasons you mention.

To be clear: The statement is misleading in that it makes it sound as if Derby does not have
security controls or an optimizer. In fact Derby has both, but I believe the article is trying
to say that the Message Broker application does not configure the controls for Derby and they
have not tuned their queries for Derby.

Regards,

Dyre