db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I run derby for a long time?
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2014 00:57:36 GMT
> Can I run derby for a long time with many inserts, deletes and updates? Are the memories,
disk spaces recovered after deletion/updating?

I have run Derby as the primary database for a
mid-size Build Automation application. The application
ran 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, querying and updating
the database from up to 100 concurrent clients.

Derby was extremely reliable, and we ran it for
many months at a time between restart, with no
resource leak problems.

As long as my application was careful to close all its
ResultSet, Statement, and Connection objects appropriately,
we never detected any memory leaks.

I did not monitor space reclamation *within* database
tables, because that was not a critical issue for
my particular usage pattern.

View raw message