db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Biggest Apache Derby database(s).
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 13:38:31 GMT
On 1/8/14 10:33 PM, Paul Linehan wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to know (with references/URLs preferably) what are the
> kinds of sizes that large Derby installs stretch to? Would it go to 1TB?
> More? Less?
> Thanks in advance for any info, pointers and esp. references and URLs.
> Rgs,
> Paul...
Hi Paul,

At Sun Microsystems we ran a stress test on a Derby database which
successfully grew to 500GB. At that point, we halted the test, not
because it was failing, but because we had satisfied ourselves that
Derby could handle large data sets. However, I can't give you an URL
because those test results weren't hosted on a public server.

I have no reason to believe that Derby wouldn't scale to 1TB as well.

Hope this helps,

View raw message