db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dyre Tjeldvoll <Dyre.Tjeldv...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Derby in production environment
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 14:56:52 GMT
The URL you are referring to is NOT the official Derby web page, and the statements made there
are not correct for the latest version of Apache Derby. The official page can be found here

http://db.apache.org/derby/

 Derby *is* used in production and it has security controls as described here:

Configuring security for Derby

I *think* that the page you refer to describe the state of a MessageBroker application running
in WebSphere that *can* use Derby internally, but this configuration is not recommended for
the reasons you mention.

Regards,

Dyre