db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commiting several operations
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 14:42:55 GMT
> In my code I am expecting to add a new record and delete the oldest record
> each time the process is run
> However the results I get are :-

I generally find these sorts of problems easiest to work out by
using an interactive SQL tool like Derby's IJ or the SquirrelSQL tool.

Another useful skill to develop is to run your Derby engine with
-Dderby.language.logStatementText=true, and then learn to read
your derby.log file, which will contain detailed information about
what actual statements your program is executing, and what commits
and rollbacks are occurring.

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.7/ref/rrefproper43517.html

thanks,

bryan