db-derby-user mailing list archives

From irajon <...@gpmlife.com>
Subject Database Table Null Pointer Exception
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 22:46:01 GMT
I use Derby as an embedded database.  My program Is sent to clients with the
database.  I have a client that installed an update to my software and
somehow, a new table was generated incorrectly.  The program did a create
table, but when I look at this client's database, I don't see the new table.
When I try to create the table in the client's database, it says that the
database already exists, and when I try to drop the table, it gives me a
null pointer exception.
I ran the following sql query select * from SYS.SYSCONGLOMERATES left outer
join sys.systables on SYS.SYSCONGLOMERATES.tableid = sys.systables.tableid.
this produced a listing of all of my tables and conglomerates etc...
There is an extra line in the result that has a conglomerate, but no table
data.  I'm assuming, this is the corruption.
Please let me know if this is correct, and how I can fix the issue.  I have
been working on trying to export the data, and then bring the data back to a
new uncorrupted database, but there is a lot of work involved because of
foreign keys and such.

Thanks