db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Need Support: 'SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EXPORT_TABLE_LOBS_TO_EXTFILE' is not recognized as a function or procedure.
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 08:56:39 GMT
Mamta Satoor <msatoor@gmail.com> writes:

> Manohar, this procedure was added in Derby 10.3 and that would explain
> why it won't work with 10.2. But I am not sure why it is not working
> when you try it with 10.5.

If the database was created with 10.2, the procedure still won't exist
if you just boot it with the 10.5 jar files. You need to upgrade the
database format too in order to make the procedure available.

More info on how to upgrade can be found here:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/devguide/tdevupgradedb.html

--
Knut Anders