db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Manohar Menam -T (mmenam - PRIME SOLUTIONS INC at Cisco)" <mme...@cisco.com>
Subject Need Support: 'SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EXPORT_TABLE_LOBS_TO_EXTFILE' is not recognized as a function or procedure.
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 23:54:36 GMT
I have been trying to export a table which has BLOBs. Tables with LOBs work perfectly fine.
It's getting complicated using only java code to export / import.
It's been few days that I am trying to export/import. I am running into only issue, and that
is tables with LOBs.
Please suggest me what is going wrong. I have even tried taking latest jar files(10.5.X),
currently using 10.2.X.

I am connecting to Derby as:
NetworkServerControl server = new NetworkServerControl(InetAddress.getByName("localhost"),
1527);
                  server.start(new PrintWriter(System.out));
                  connect = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/dbName");
Statement used is:
                  PreparedStatement statement = connect.prepareStatement("CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EXPORT_TABLE_LOBS_TO_EXTFILE(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)");
                  statement.setString(1, null);
                  statement.setString(2, "EVENT_TRANSACTION");
                  statement.setString(3, "c:/derbytest/EVENT_TRANSACTION.csv");
                  statement.setString(4, null);
                  statement.setString(5, null);
                  statement.setString(6, null);
                  statement.setString(7, "c:/derbytest/EVENT_TRANSACTION.dat");

                  statement.executeUpdate();
                  statement.close();

Here is the exception I am getting:

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: 'SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EXPORT_TABLE_LOBS_TO_EXTFILE'
is not recognized as a function or procedure.

at org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
      at com.pari.db.DerbyConnection.<init>(DerbyConnection.java:102)
      at com.pari.db.DerbyConnection.main(DerbyConnection.java:198)

Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: 'SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EXPORT_TABLE_LOBS_TO_EXTFILE'
is not recognized as a function or procedure.

at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.completeSqlca(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.parsePrepareError(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.parsePRPSQLSTTreply(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.readPrepare(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.derby.client.net.StatementReply.readPrepare(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatement.readPrepare_(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.readPrepare(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.readPrepareDescribeInput(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.flowPrepareDescribeInputOutput(Unknown
Source)
      at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.prepare(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.prepareStatementX(Unknown Source)
      ... 3 more

You can also call me at my mobile.
Thanks,
Manohar Menam