db-derby-user mailing list archives

From mike matrigali <mikema...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 10.8.2.3 to 10.10.1.3
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 18:15:03 GMT
I also don't know much about replication, so apologize if the following
does not make sense.  Have you tried "decoupling" the replication,
do the upgrade and then reestablishing the replication making sure
the latest software is on all systems.

Also for a problem report it may help to state what "Upgrade" means
to you.  For instance the following:
o I just updated jars everywhere
o I want to run in "soft" upgrade mode everywhere after updating jars
o I want to hard upgrade master.

Not sure if it will help with not being able to upgrade in general, but
may help to understand the problem.  And as Kathey mentioned filing
a JIRA with a reproducible test case is likely the best way to get help.
Unfortunately the community members that implemented replication are not
active, and the expertise on the feature is limited in the community.

/mikem