db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 10.8.2.3 to 10.10.1.3
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 16:53:11 GMT
On 11/5/2013 8:46 AM, Oskar Zinger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm in the process of upgrading 10.8.2.3 to 10.10.1.3.
>
> Once I did the upgrade, the Derby replication no longer works. It now
> complains about the Databases being not in synch.
>
> This same code was working just fine in 10.8.2.3, but does not work in
> 10.10.1.3.
>
> Anyone experienced this?
>
> This is the error I'm getting:
> java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: DERBY SQL error:
> ERRORCODE: 40000, SQLSTATE: XRE05, SQLERRMC: The log files on the
> master and slave are not in synch for replicated database 'ImpactDB'.
> The master log instant is 1:980936, whereas the slave log instant is
> 1:846980. This is fatal for replication - replication will be stopped.

I am not familiar with replication, but wonder if it is a requirement of
upgrade to do a clean shutdown of the database before upgrading the jars
or if that would at least help you work around the problem.  I couldn't
find anything in the documentation though requiring special procedures
for upgrade with replication.

Kathey