db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Oskar Zinger <oska...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 10.8.2.3 to 10.10.1.3
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 17:32:50 GMT
Hi Kathey,

Nope that does not seem to help.

Thanks,
Oskar

On Tuesday, November 5, 2013 11:54 AM, Katherine Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

On 11/5/2013 8:46 AM, Oskar Zinger wrote:

Hello,

>I'm in the process of upgrading 10.8.2.3 to 10.10.1.3.
>

>Once I did the upgrade, the Derby replication no longer works. It now complains about
the Databases being not in synch.

>This same code was working just fine in 10.8.2.3, but does not work in 10.10.1.3.
>

>Anyone experienced this?
>

>This is the error I'm getting:
>java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: DERBY SQL error: ERRORCODE: 40000, SQLSTATE:
XRE05, SQLERRMC: The log files on the master and slave are not in synch for replicated database
'ImpactDB'. The master log instant is 1:980936, whereas the slave log instant is 1:846980.
This is fatal for replication - replication will be stopped.

I am not familiar with replication, but wonder if it is a
    requirement of upgrade to do a clean shutdown of the database before
    upgrading the jars or if that would at least help you work around
    the problem.  I couldn't find anything in the documentation though
    requiring special procedures for upgrade with replication.

Kathey