db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Frank Rivera <frank.riv...@HoudiniESQ.com>
Subject Re: Serious issue with 10.10.1.1 and tomcat-jdbc
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 17:06:21 GMT
Rick, I owe you a beer my friend. Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to confirm
and offer a solution.

It is really appreciated.

Sincerely,

 	Frank Rivera CEO
	LogicBit Software - Research Triangle Park, North Carolina

	919.238.7024		408.213.8138		888.366.2280

  	HoudiniEsq ™	Legal Practice Management Suite	http://HoudiniEsq.com

  	Feature Rich web-based Legal Practice Management for today's cutting edge Law Firms
  	Any Browser, Any OS, Anytime, Anywhere, Any size firm, SaaS or On-premise

	Simple & Simplicity are not the same thing. "Simple", as it turns out, simply isn't good
enough.

NOTICE: The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of
this message which arise as
a result of e-mail transmission.  This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. It is not an offer or acceptance,
and it is not intended to
be all or part of an agreement.  This communication may contain material protected by the
attorney-client privilege.
Original material created by the author may be protected by US Copyright law, 17 U.S.C. §
101 et seq. This communication
constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.
§ 2510, and its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient intended by the sender of
this message.   If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient,
be advised that you have
received this e-mail in error and that any review, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this

On Oct 1, 2013, at 12:56 PM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 10/1/13 9:02 AM, Frank Rivera wrote:
>> ALTER TABLE esq.licreq ADD COLUMN u_domain GENERATED ALWAYS AS (UPPER(domain))
> Hi Frank,
>
> I have been able to reproduce this problem when the connected user (ROOT in this case)
has not created any schema objects of his own. I have logged https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6361
to track this problem.

> Derby only implicitly creates a schema for the default APP user. Derby is supposed to
implicitly create a schema for the connected user when the user performs certain operations.
But this ALTER TABLE statement isn't one of those operations. The workaround would be to make
sure that a schema has been created for the connected user. This can be done explicitly like
this...