db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Me <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feedback derby_downloads.html
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 20:06:46 GMT
Hi Martin,

I'm sorry you spent so much time looking for the eclipse plugins. For various reasons the
community stopped producing the plugins, I believe after 10.8. You might still be able to
build them yourself from source, but that has not been tested in recent releases. The instructions
are in a readme under 'plugins' under the top level of the source tree.

Were you looking for them because you had used them before or heard about them? Or did you
see them referenced on a top level page? If the second, please let us know where, so we can
prevent others spending time on this...

Myrna

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 12, 2013, at 8:12 AM, Mike Martin <tahoe_mike@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just spent about an hour looking for the Eclipse Derby plugins because your documentation
for finding them links to:

> http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html
> which in turn links to release 10.10.1.1 (http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.10.1.1.cgi)
>
> which has no mention whatsoever of Eclipse plugins.
>
> Only after much head scratching and confusion did I manage to find the page for release
10.10.1.0 (http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.1.1.0.html) which has the Eclipse
plugins for 10.1.1.