db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: explanation of errors please
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 12:38:32 GMT
On 10/13/13 8:36 PM, Bob M wrote:
> Hi Kristian
>
> Error 2)
>
> I am new to derby :)
> autocommit is turned off a few lines of code above.
> I am working off an example piece of code
> Should I turn autocommit ON ?
Hi Bob,

That will ensure that your attempts to close connections won't be
blocked by in-flight transactional work. Another solution would be to
rollback (or commit) the in-flight transaction before you try to close
the connection.
> Error 1)
>
> I am running thru JDBC
> s.execute ("INSERT INTO TABLENAME VALUES  ('06-01-2009', 0, 2, 'Tuesday', 0,
> 'Midnight', etc....");
> where fields are VARCHR(10), INT, INT, VARCHAR(9), INT, VARCHAR(8),
> etc......
I can't reproduce the problem you're seeing. The following ij script
runs fine for me:

connect 'jdbc:derby:memory:db;create=true';

create table tablename
(
     a VARCHAR(10), b INT, c INT, d VARCHAR(9), e INT, f VARCHAR(8)
);

INSERT INTO TABLENAME VALUES  ('06-01-2009', 0, 2, 'Tuesday', 0,
'Midnight' );

select * from tablename;

Hope this helps,
-Rick