db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Frank Rivera <frank.riv...@HoudiniESQ.com>
Subject Re: Serious issue with 10.10.1.1 and tomcat-jdbc
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 16:02:51 GMT
hey Rick,

We have a custom logger but I think you can get the picture. Here is the output.

:============================================================================================
 DTE: 2013.10.01 11:52:43 EDT
 SRV: Houdini BSX 1.5.1
 INS: mallorgrodner
 CHR: UTF-8
 CLN: EsqFlash 1.8.98 Build 4
 PRD: Practice
 FLA: True
 UID: ######@mallorgrodner.com
 UIP: ####################
 DBG: HDX2
 SVC: esq.SQL
 FNC: I
 CLA: com.logicbit.houdini.services.remote.req.db.HDXDBAccess
 QRY:
   limit: 100000
   sql: ALTER TABLE esq.licreq ADD COLUMN u_domain GENERATED ALWAYS AS (UPPER(domain))
 ACT: I
 QRY: limit=100000;sql=ALTER TABLE esq.licreq ADD COLUMN u_domain GENERATED ALWAYS AS (UPPER(domain));
 DBQ:

 W A R N i N G
  SQL Exception in: ALTER TABLE esq.licreq ADD COLUMN u_domain GENERATED ALWAYS AS (UPPER(domain))

 E X C E P T I O N
  Message:  SQLException
  Offending Class:  class java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException
  Detail:      Schema 'ROOT' does not exist
  Trapped in:  HDX.HDXDBMSConnPoolServer.HDXDBAccess.insert()
  Implication: java.sql.SQLException: Schema 'ROOT' does not exist !!
   com.logicbit.houdini.services.remote.req.db.HDXDBAccess.insData(HDXDBAccess.java:395)
   com.logicbit.houdini.srb.databus.req.SrvcReflectingPool.reflect(SrvcReflectingPool.java:135)
   com.logicbit.houdini.srb.BSXSRB.bindData(BSXSRB.java:1284)
   com.logicbit.houdini.srb.BSXSRB.Q2RSP(BSXSRB.java:874)
   com.logicbit.houdini.srb.BSXSRB.doPost(BSXSRB.java:159)
   com.logicbit.houdini.srb.BSXServlet._jspService(BSXServlet.java:304)
   com.logicbit.houdini.srb.BSXServlet.service(BSXServlet.java:121)

 QUE: FALSE
 DYN: TRUE
 CNT: (0/0) 0 Record(s)
 DSZ: 54
 TME: 16 ms
 TRX: 11168  up:472  dn:54

The code at HDXDBAccess.java:395 is the following

 boolean rsltVal = sqlStmnt.execute( "ALTER TABLE esq.licreq ADD COLUMN u_domain GENERATED
ALWAYS AS (UPPER(domain));", Statement.RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS );

Sincerely,

 	Frank Rivera CEO
	LogicBit Software - Research Triangle Park, North Carolina

	919.238.7024		408.213.8138		888.366.2280

  	HoudiniEsq ™	Legal Practice Management Suite	http://HoudiniEsq.com

  	Feature Rich web-based Legal Practice Management for today's cutting edge Law Firms
  	Any Browser, Any OS, Anytime, Anywhere, Any size firm, SaaS or On-premise

	Simple & Simplicity are not the same thing. "Simple", as it turns out, simply isn't good
enough.

NOTICE: The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of
this message which arise as
a result of e-mail transmission.  This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. It is not an offer or acceptance,
and it is not intended to
be all or part of an agreement.  This communication may contain material protected by the
attorney-client privilege.
Original material created by the author may be protected by US Copyright law, 17 U.S.C. §
101 et seq. This communication
constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.
§ 2510, and its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient intended by the sender of
this message.   If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient,
be advised that you have
received this e-mail in error and that any review, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this

On Oct 1, 2013, at 11:00 AM, Frank Rivera <frank.rivera@HOUDINIESQ.COM> wrote:

> Using Derby 10.10.1.1 Embedded
>
> Tomcat 6
>
> using tomcat-jdbc connection pool
>
> The following simple statement fails with the following error "Schema 'ROOT' does not
exist" although the schema is clearly stated esq.licreq

> ALTER TABLE esq.licreq ADD COLUMN u_domain GENERATED ALWAYS AS (UPPER(domain));
>
> Reads and writes are fine. All Alter statements fail.
>
> Without tomcat-jdbc.jar stored in the tomcat/lib folder Alter statements work. A pooled
connection problem with tomcat-jdbc doesn't seem like the cause since the underlying driver
is in fact Derby.