db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Burghard Britzke <b.brit...@lette-verein.de>
Subject NetworkServerControl and Maven
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 07:50:39 GMT
it seems to be impossible to start the Network-Server as a maven goal.
The maven dependency

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.derby</groupId>
            <artifactId>derbynet</artifactId>
            <version>10.10.1.1</version>
        </dependency>

loads a file named 'derbynet-10.10.1.1.jar'.

When trying to Start the NetworkServerControl to start the
Network-Server, I am getting the error
"derbynet.jar konnte im Classpath nicht gefunden werden.", which is the
translation of the error code"DRDA_MissingNetworkJar.S"

This error is raised at line 765 of NetworkServerControl.java

 743       /**
  744        *<p>
  745        * Find the url of the library directory which holds derby.jar and
  746        * derbynet.jar. The Basic policy assumes that both jar files live in the
  747        * same directory.
  748        * </p>
  749        */
  750       private static  String  getCodeSourcePrefix( NetworkServerControlImpl server )
  751           throws Exception
  752       {
  753           String  derbyNetURL = NetworkServerControl.class.getProtectionDomain().getCodeSource().getLocation().toExternalForm();
  754           int         idx = derbyNetURL.indexOf( DERBYNET_JAR );
  755
  756           //
  757           // If the customer isn't running against jar files, our Basic policy
  758           // won't work.
  759           //
  760           if ( idx < 0 )
761           {
  762               String  errorMessage = server.localizeMessage( "DRDA_MissingNetworkJar.S",
null );
  763
  764               // this throws an exception and exits this method
  765               server.consoleError( errorMessage );
  766           }
  767
  768           //
  769           // Otherwise, we have the directory prefix for our url.
  770           //
  771           String  directoryPrefix = derbyNetURL.substring( 0, idx );
  772
  773           return directoryPrefix;
  774       }

It seems like for NetworkServerControl the name of the library file in
the classpath must be derbyclient.jar (not derbyclient-10.10.1.1.jar).

Does anybody know how to fix it?