db-derby-user mailing list archives

From kosurusekhar <kosurusek...@gmail.com>
Subject Derby Network Server booting issue
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:34:48 GMT
Hi,

I am using Derby network server in my application, i am starting derby by
using NetworkServerControl Class.

So far No issues, we made one java application it is taking care of starting
the derby server & we made this application as service.

Now we have to implement restore feature for our application. we have to
implement this feature in different application.  As we know derby restore
will happen only at boot time or first connection after boot up. To get this
feature we implemented in second application as follows.

  1) We are stopping the running derby service.

  2) We are starting derby server (using NetworkServerControl class) in my
second application

  3) Now we are issuing first connection attempt with restore command.

  4) So as done with restore process we are stopping the  network server
what we started from second application.

 5) Finally we are trying to start the derby service (which is our first
application)

 we are getting error that, Derby already boot up with another class loader.
we are unable to start.

 Even though we stopped the network server from second application, the
first application can not able to start the derby server.

Please help us to solve this issue. How to manage derby network server
(starting & stopping) between multiple applications. (ideally multiple
JVM's)

Thanks in advance.