How can I make sure derby is started after the network interface comes up? I am not very familiar with it, can you explain more?

I tested on a different machine yesterday, and derby was started automatically after reboot, so seems the issue was caused by machine/network configuration. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:13:58 -0600
From: georges@mhsoftware.com
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: derby network server can not be started automatically

Start derby after the network interface comes up?

On 8/12/13 4:35 PM, Rong Qu wrote:
On Linux, we wrote a script to call NetworkServerControl so that derby network server can be started automatically after reboot.

After reboot, we got following error message from derby
    Can not listen on port **** on host ******
    java.net.BindException
              Can not assign requested address

However, using exactly same script, derby network server can be started manually right after the machine is rebooted.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks,
Rong

--