db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Carlos de Luna Saenz <CL...@mail.scjn.gob.mx>
Subject Strange situation
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 14:37:26 GMT
We have a stange behavour in a database that is "imported" from a SQL Server DB.
On Windows Derby shows all records fine, but when used as "read only" (root admin owned with
755) on Mac there is a table that shows as empty (0 records) when the same DB in Windows has
1310 records.
for accessing the DB we are using the Emmbeded driver...
We found that the first time the DB is used on Mac or windows there are some files changes
(if 777 is set as permissions) and then the records are shown, but the installation program
is not seting (and we don't want) those priviledges to the derby files...
Any idea on WHY this is happenning? we are looking how to get files that works with the install
but we would like to know what do we have to be aware to prevent this "data lose" when copying
the DB.
Greetings

Ing. Carlos de Luna Sáenz | Dirección de Sistematización de Tesis - Director de Área |
Dirección General de Tecnologías de la Información | Suprema Corte de Justicia de la Nación
T. +52.55. 4113-1000 ext. 1174 | C: cluna@scjn.gob.mx<mailto:cluna@scjn.gob.mx>