db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rong Qu <rong...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: derby network server can not be started automatically
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:34:18 GMT
How can I make sure derby is started after the network interface comes up? I am not very familiar
with it, can you explain more?

I tested on a different machine yesterday, and derby was started automatically after reboot,
so seems the issue was caused by machine/network configuration. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:13:58 -0600
From: georges@mhsoftware.com
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: derby network server can not be started automatically

    Start derby after the network interface comes up?

    On 8/12/13 4:35 PM, Rong Qu wrote:

      On Linux, we wrote a script to call
        NetworkServerControl so that derby network server can be started
        automatically after reboot.

        After reboot, we got following error message from derby

            Can not listen on port **** on host ******

            java.net.BindException

                      Can not assign requested address

        However, using exactly same script, derby network server can be
        started manually right after the machine is rebooted.

        Any suggestions how to fix this?

        Thanks,

        Rong

    --