db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance Improvement on Aggregate Functions using histogram stats
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 01:56:04 GMT
On 8/22/2013 1:31 AM, Ayesha Dissanayaka wrote:

> I am a newbie to derby and I would like to try out improve performances of aggregate
functions

Hi, and welcome to Derby!

In the area of improvements to aggregate functions
in Derby, you could consider working on the implementation
of "window functions" in Derby.

Window functions are part of modern standard SQL,
are well-defined by the SQL standard, and there are
other open source implementations of window functions
that you can study and learn from, such as:
https://www.pgcon.org/2009/schedule/attachments/98_Windowing%20Functions.pdf

thanks,

bryan