db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "George S." <geor...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject Re: derby network server can not be started automatically
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:50:11 GMT
Typically, you use the distribution's startup mechanisms to signify what
services are required. For example, in OpenSUSE, you would define the
startup script using comment meta-data that indicates what services your
service is dependent upon.

Here's an example from OpenSUSE 12.3's Apache Startup Script:

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:                     apache apache2 httpd
# Required-Start:               $local_fs $remote_fs $network
# Should-Start:                 $named $time postgresql sendmail mysql
ypclient dhcp radiusd
# Should-Stop:                  $named $time postgresql sendmail mysql
ypclient dhcp radiusd
# Required-Stop:                $local_fs $remote_fs $network
# Default-Start:                3 5
# Default-Stop:                 0 1 2 6
### END INIT INFO

The exact mechanism is going to depend on your distribution. You need to
research your distribution and find out how this is done for your
distribution.

--
George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.