db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Strange situation
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:45:11 GMT
On 8/13/2013 4:42 PM, Carlos de Luna Saenz wrote:
> since i'm using spring i guess the shutdown=true inside the connection
> string will be enough to shut the DB properly... is that all right?
> Greetings
I am not familiar with Spring. As long as you boot the database and
then  connect with shutdown=true as the last operation, you should be
ok. You can also accomplish this by connecting with ij, connecting with
shutdown,  and typing exit while still on the read/write media.
/test $java org.apache.derby.tools.ij
ij version 10.10
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:mydb';
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:mydb;shutdown=true';
ERROR 08006: Database 'mydb' shutdown.
ij> exit;

View raw message