db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Peter Ondruška <peter.ondru...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Strange situation
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 18:15:59 GMT
Well, in "ij" I do:

DISCONNECT;
CONNECT 'jdbc:derby:;shutdown=true';

Peter

On 14. 8. 2013, at 14:45, Katherine Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 8/13/2013 4:42 PM, Carlos de Luna Saenz wrote:
>> since i'm using spring i guess the shutdown=true inside the connection string will
be enough to shut the DB properly… is that all right?
>> Greetings
> I am not familiar with Spring. As long as you boot the database and then  connect with
shutdown=true as the last operation, you should be ok. You can also accomplish this by connecting
with ij, connecting with shutdown,  and typing exit while still on the read/write media.
> /test $java org.apache.derby.tools.ij
> ij version 10.10
> ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:mydb';
> ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:mydb;shutdown=true';
> ERROR 08006: Database 'mydb' shutdown.
> ij> exit;

owned with 755) on Mac there is a table that shows as empty (0 records) when the same DB in
Windows has 1310 records.
>> for accessing the DB we are using the Emmbeded driver…
>> We found that the first time the DB is used on Mac or windows there are some files
changes (if 777 is set as permissions) and then the records are shown, but the installation
program is not seting (and we don't want) those priviledges to the derby files…
>> Any idea on WHY this is happenning? we are looking how to get files that works with
the install but we would like to know what do we have to be aware to prevent this "data lose"
when copying the DB.
>> Greetings
>>
>> My guess is that you did not shutdown the database before deploying read only.  See
this information for preparing a database for read-only use:
>> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/devguide/tdevdeploy26887.html
>>

>> Ing. Carlos de Luna Sáenz | Dirección de Sistematización de Tesis - Director de
Área |