db-derby-user mailing list archives

From nshaw <...@docharley.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Class.forName
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 10:03:48 GMT
Good morning, Bryan,

Problem solved.  I solved the problem by going into the NetBeans IDE and
under the 'Run' tab, selecting 'Configure Project Settings', adding my
CLASSPATH information under 'add JAR files/directory '.  So for every
application I run, I'll make sure I configure project settings with the JAR
information.

Again, thank you for all you help!

Best Regards,

Nick.

From: Bryan Pendleton-3 [via Apache Database]
[mailto:ml-node+s10148n133440h53@n7.nabble.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 12:34 PM
To: nshaw
Subject: Re: Problem with Class.forName

> I don't know where to go at this point

I'm sure you can fix this, but it is certainly subtle.

Did you try running '-verbose:class'?

Have you done your very utmost to cut your program down to
the minimal version that reproduces the problem? Is it now
as tiny as:

   public class Test {
        static public void main( String[] args )
                throws Exception
        {
                Class.forName( "org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver" );
        }
   }

and with that program, and your %CLASSPATH%, can you run

        java Test

Since you are on Windows, and it's easy to reproduce, try this:

1) Go to Microsoft's web site and download Process Monitor:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

2) Start process monitor, start capturing events, and run
    your program.

3) In the Process Monitor display, look very closely through
    the traces for 'java.exe' running your program. You should
    be able to see the java interpreter looking through your
    classpath, looking at each of the jar files, and you should
    be able to see if it's encountering a filesystem security
    problem, or a file-not-found problem, or something else that's
    weird like that.

Keep on trying, you'll figure it out!

bryan

  _____

below:

http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/Problem-with-Class-forName-tp1334
22p133440.html

To unsubscribe from Problem with Class.forName, click here
<http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=u
nsubscribe_by_code&node=133422&code=ZG9jQGRvY2hhcmxleS5jb218MTMzNDIyfDEwNzc4
MTQ4NjY=> .

<http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=m
acro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespace
s.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.te
mplate.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-in
stant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
NAML