db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Derby housekeep function for derby.log
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 11:03:28 GMT
Anon User <pingweitan@gmail.com> writes:

> Greetings,
> With derby.infolog.append=true set, derby.log will not be delete and
> re-create upon stop and start Derby.
> Furthermore, once the application is stable, most likely derby would not be
> reset for a very long time.
> Question: Does Derby provides some kind of housekeep function on derby.log?
> Reason being was the worries on derby.log grows too big that will affect
> system performance or hang the system, worst case.

Derby doesn't currently offer that kind of functionality, I think.

There has been some talk about replacing Derby's custom logger with

But it hasn't been implemented yet. The logger in java.util.logging
includes functionality for log file rotation, which would help in the
scenario you mentioned.

Knut Anders

View raw message