db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Derby housekeep function for derby.log
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 11:03:28 GMT
Anon User <pingweitan@gmail.com> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> With derby.infolog.append=true set, derby.log will not be delete and
> re-create upon stop and start Derby.
> Furthermore, once the application is stable, most likely derby would not be
> reset for a very long time.
>
> Question: Does Derby provides some kind of housekeep function on derby.log?
>
> Reason being was the worries on derby.log grows too big that will affect
> system performance or hang the system, worst case.

Hi,

Derby doesn't currently offer that kind of functionality, I think.

There has been some talk about replacing Derby's custom logger with
java.util.logging:

But it hasn't been implemented yet. The logger in java.util.logging
includes functionality for log file rotation, which would help in the
scenario you mentioned.

--
Knut Anders