db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: prob. report in tutorial: space in classpath cause prob. in windows8
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 09:47:18 GMT
cdarling <cdarling@126.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I'm new to derby and I'm tring out its amazing features (under the
> guidance of
> "http://docs.oracle.com/javadb/10.8.2.2/getstart/getstartderby.pdf").
> I've encountered a problem and I‘ve (fortunately) get over it. I'm
> writing to share my experience and hoping (possiblly) to improve the
> pdf document.
>
> I'm using windows 8 and doing activity 3/4, my classpath of
> derbyrun/derbyclient contains a space as "Program Files" folder
> contains one. In such case the program can be compiled but complaints
> when running it. Details as follows:
>
>     C:\Users\Delin\Documents\MATLABprog\derbytutor>set
>     classpath="c:\Program Files\J
>     ava\jdk1.7.0_21\db\lib\derbyclient.jar";.

Hi Delin,

I think that on Windows the CLASSPATH variable shouldn't contain double
quotes, even if the directory name contains a space.

The following seems to work for me:

C:\Users\khatlen\wwd>set CLASSPATH=c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25\db\lib\derbyclient.jar;.

C:\Users\khatlen\wwd>java WwdClient
org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver loaded.
Connected to database jdbcDemoDB
 . . . . creating table WISH_LIST
Enter wish-list item (enter exit to end):
(...)

Hope this helps,

--
Knut Anders