db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dyre Tjeldvoll <Dyre.Tjeldv...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: st.executeQuery() got stuck
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 10:36:55 GMT
On 07/ 4/13 10:36 AM, Amit wrote:
> This is the code I am using to execute query.
>
> Statement st = con.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY,
> ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);
> st.setFetchSize(100);
> ResultSet queryRs = st.executeQuery(sql);
> System.out.println("Success");
>
> Usually the query takes 1-2 sec to execute. But very rare occasion the
> code got stuck at line 4.

That would be println... I assume you mean that it hangs in executeQuery()?

> I have waited for 1 hr and then killed the
> thread. It's a production issue. I am using connection pool and my derby
> version is - 10.9.1.0
>
> Can you help me narrow down the problem.

Really hard without more information. If you can post the SQL involved
it would be helpful. Is this client/server or embedded?
Is the table large? Do you access it through an index? Are other
threads/connections accessing the same table simultaneously?
Anything in derby.log at the time of the hang?

Regards,

Dyre