Hi,

I am using version 10.9.1.0 with the embedded driver, spring, and using the BasicDataSource.  I am trying to issue this query:

org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [DELETE FROM metric_data md --derby-properties index=metric_data_ts

 WHERE metric_instance_id IN (SELECT metric_instance.metric_instance_id FROM projects, metrics, metric_instance WHERE projects.project_id = metrics.project_id AND metrics.metric_id = metric_instance.metric_id AND projects.online = true) AND md.timestamp <= 1369884755355]; nested exception is java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Syntax error: DERBY-PROPERTIES.

Caused by: ERROR 42X01: Syntax error: DERBY-PROPERTIES.

                at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.SQLParser.checkInternalFeature(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.SQLParser.propertyList(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.SQLParser.deleteBody(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.SQLParser.preparableDeleteStatement(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.SQLParser.preparableSQLDataStatement(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.SQLParser.StatementPart(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.SQLParser.Statement(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.ParserImpl.parseStatement(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepMinion(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepare(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericLanguageConnectionContext.prepareInternalStatement(Unknown Source)

The line of code where I issue it is like this:

    jdbc.update("DELETE FROM metric_data md --derby-properties index=metric_data_ts \r WHERE metric_instance_id IN (SELECT metric_instance.metric_instance_id FROM projects, metrics, metric_instance WHERE projects.project_id = metrics.project_id AND metrics.metric_id = metric_instance.metric_id AND projects.online = true) AND md.timestamp <= 19292929292");

What do I need to do to use optimizer hints in this setup?

Thanks,

-Martin