db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Cannot access DB on Classpath
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 12:44:03 GMT
On 6/20/13 4:08 PM, Geetha Attili wrote:
> Hi ,
> I am trying to connect to a JavaDB Database  on Classpath , I tried
> various things as given in the doc, but I feel the behaviour is very
> inconsistent or may be I am doing some silly mistake.
>
> In a Command prompt
> > cd D:\DerbyDemo
> >ij
> ij version 10.8
> //created a sample database jdb_classpath
> ij>connect 'jdbc:derby:jdb_classpath;create=true;';
> //created a sample Table
> ij>create table mytable(id numeric);
> //Disconnected from the jdb_classpath database
> ij>disconnect;
>

> I have then Set the Classpath to include D:\DerbyDemo ;
> Opened a new command prompt
> >ij
>  tried connecting to the jdb_classpath using the following syntax
> ij>connect 'jdbc:derby:/jdb_classpath';
>
> ERROR XJ004: Database '/jdb_classpath' not found.
>
> As per the Doc
> <http://docs.oracle.com/javadb/10.8.1.2/devguide/rdevdvlp22102.html>
> as in example, this should have worked
> "
>
>     * /jdbc:derby:/myDB/
>
>       Access /myDB/ (which is directly in a directory in the
>       classpath) as a read-only database.
>
>       "
>

> ij>connect 'jdbc:derby:classpath:jdb_classpath';
> Connection successful. there is no other database with the same name
> in the classpath .
> Do I have to use the classpath  subprotocol always?
>
> Many Thanks in Advance,
> Geetha
Hi Geetha,

You are reading the 10.8 docs. The documentation in this area was
cleaned up in later releases. The failing example was removed from that
topic in the Developer's Guide. Please consult the corresponding topic
in the 10.10 version of the Developer's Guide:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/devguide/index.html

Hope this helps,
-Rick