db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Using ASTParser and TreeWalker for parsing SQL query
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:09:18 GMT
On 6/17/13 7:02 AM, venu wrote:
> Hi Rick,
> My requirement is , I want to parse the SQL and get the data from the
> Treewalkers visitednodes hashmap.
> I am iterating the visitednodes hashmap and finding the columns data,tables
> data,where clause data, order by data and group by data.
> Is there any simple way to get above data other than iterating the hashmap.?
If you need to understand the structure of those clauses, then you're
right, I think that you will need some kind of Visitor and you will want
the Visitor logic to visit every node in the AST. I have added more
clauses to the Visitor logic for SelectNode and ported that change to
the 10.10 branch.  Hopefully, this will help you move forward.

Thanks,
-Rick