db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Using ASTParser and TreeWalker for parsing SQL query
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 13:16:04 GMT
On 6/14/13 10:56 PM, venu wrote:
> Hi Rick,
> Thanks for working on these issues..
> So, are you using the same id(DERBY-6263) for tracking this issue also?
Hi Venu,

I have broadened the scope of DERBY-6263. I have re-phrased it as a
bigger discrepancy between the node inspection done by the debug printer
and the node inspection done by the compiler's node visitors. I suspect
that a fair amount of work may be needed to align the two inspectors. I
have attached a patch to DERBY-6263 to handle the uninspected clauses in
SelectNodes. If the tests pass cleanly, I'll port this fix to the 10.10
branch too.

Currently, there is no requirement that the two inspectors align.
However, I think that the discrepancies indicate a potential problem
that deserves some thought. That said, aligning the inspectors may take
some time. We may be able to point you to a workaround with fewer
problems if you can give us more context about why you are using the
TreeWalker.

Thanks,
-Rick