db-derby-user mailing list archives

From benrahman <mdzar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication Master stop, but Slave still alive
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 06:00:15 GMT
Hi All, Thanks for the reply.

Dag Wanvik wrote
> Looks like the socket the master uses to ship records to slave stopped
> working; hard to say what's the issue here. Do you see anything in the
> slave's log file at this time instant?

If you mean by derby.log, no new log being written, the last message mention
that database in Slave mode. I checked the log folder that contains .dat
files, the sequence also didn't increase. When i start replication, it was
log1.dat, and when this happen, it still log1.dat.

Is there any way to check if slave did receive any log shipping from master?

Knut Anders Hatlen-5 wrote
> That's right. It is supposed to try to reconnect until there's no more
> space in the replication log buffers, according to
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/adminguide/cadminreplicfailures.html.
>
> I think the slave never fails over automatically, even if it detects
> that it has lost contact with the master. It has to be told to do so.
> See
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/adminguide/cadminreplicfailover.html,
> which says:
>
>   There is no automatic failover or restart of replication after one of
>   the instances has failed.
>

> --
> Knut Anders

Meaning slave will not stop automatically even though the connection with
master has lost? I guess that will explained why my replication slave still
active, even when master already stop.

Ben