db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas <thomas.k.h...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Native authentication and password expiry date
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 12:21:55 GMT
Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@...> writes:

I am running the 10.9.1.0 server using the basic security manager with the
default security policy settings.

Trying to inspect the system property settings from a stored procedure which
includes using java.lang.System.getProperty() I am getting:

Error: The exception 'java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
("java.util.PropertyPermission"
"derby.authentication.native.passwordLifetimeMillis" "read")' was thrown
while evaluating an expression.
SQLState:  38000
ErrorCode: -1
Error: Java exception: 'access denied ("java.util.PropertyPermission"
"derby.authentication.native.passwordLifetimeMillis" "read"):
java.security.AccessControlException'.
SQLState:  XJ001
ErrorCode: 99999

I tried adding the line
  permission java.util.PropertyPermission "java.lang.System.getProperty",
"read";
to the security.policy file and restarted the server, but I am still getting
the same error.

Can someone please advise which addition/change to security.policy is
exactely needed to prevent the error message? Would also be interested in
getting a hint on security risk behind that I should consider prior to
making that change? (if there would be none, I would suspect reading the
system properties would be possible using the dafult configuration).

Many thanks in advance.