db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas <Thomas.K.H...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Native authentication and password expiry date
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 13:47:42 GMT
Hi Rick,

thanks for pointing me to the lastmodified column on the sysusers table.
I think your query tells me how many days ago the password has been changed.
So would I need to compare this to the property
derby.authentication.native.passwordLifetimeMillis
to get to know the remaining days?

In my installation I have not changed this property which by default I
understand is a system-wide property set to 31 days.

Is there a system function which allows me to retrieve the value of a
system-wide property?

as I think the approach needed might be to first check if the default of the
property has been changed at database level by executing
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY
('derby.authentication.native.passwordLifetimeMillis');
If this returns null (what it does in my installation) I know the property
is set at system level. But how do I then retrieve the value of a system
property? I have not found a system procedure for this.

Thanks for looking into this again.

Kind regards
Thomas