db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Al Eridani <al.erid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indication of progress during long commits
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 20:11:20 GMT
> Can you break the large commit into several smaller commits then
> display progress there?

No, the purpose of the large, single commit is transactional.

> Out of curiosity; how long is your commit?

It depends, but the ones that triggered the request are of the order of
tens of minutes.

> Are you saving larger binary objects or large volumes of rows?

There are no binary objects, just multiple inserts, updates and deletes.

It's not a big deal if there are no hooks. We can live with the way the
system is.

Al