Hello Derby users !

I encountered some difficulties with Derby and CallableStatement. In my case, I try to save a custom property into DB Derby properties (A database internal version number).

To do that, I use SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY and SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY functions.

Below, the SQL requests successfully executed from the default Netbeans SQL plugin :

===============================

CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('softrev', '1.0.0');

>Executed successfully in 0,001 s, 0 rows affected.

>Line 1, column 1

VALUES SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('softrev');

>Executed successfully in 0 s.

>Line 2, column 1

>1#  ‘1.0.0’                         (the expected result).

Now, I tried to do the same thing in Java (see the attached unitary test) , but nothing happens as expected…

Attached, please find a maven draft with a unitary test that reproduce the unexpected behaviour.

Regards,

Guillaume