db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: DATE() function issue
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:05:45 GMT
Oleksii Puzyr <opuzyr@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Knut, thank you for response.
>
> bash-3.2$ java -version
> java version "1.6.0_43"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_43-b01-447-11M4203)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.14-b01-447, mixed mode)
>
> bash-3.2$ sudo systemsetup -gettimezone
> Time Zone: Europe/Uzhgorod
>
> MacOS 10.8.3
>
> And yes, it is reproducible every time.

Thanks. I've tried to set my time zone to Europe/Uzhgorod and see if it
reproduces, but, alas, no luck. I don't have access to that exact
platform, though. I tested on a Debian box, with various Java versions,
including 1.6.0_43.

Would it be possible for you to test it using the latest JDK 7? Just to
rule out the possibility that your JDK version comes with incorrect time
zone data.

How are you retrieving the date and the timestamp from the result when
you see the problem? Did you use ij? Or did you retrieve them using
ResultSet.getDate() and ResultSet.getTimestamp()? If you used getDate()
and getTimestamp(), did you use the variants that take a Calendar
argument, and, if so, which Calendar did you give as argument?

--
Knut Anders