db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Al Eridani <al.erid...@gmail.com>
Subject Authentication required only for remote users?
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 22:49:56 GMT
This may not be possible out-of-the-box, but here it goes, in case someone
can help.

We have an application that uses Derby with a single database and, until
now, with no authentication.

The application can be configured to start Derby with either the embedded
or client data sources. The client data source is not needed by the
application, but it is useful to remotely monitor the data.

We would like to require authentication only for remote users, not the
application. Alternatively, we could live with requiring authentication
when the application boots Derby using the client data source, but not when
using the embedded data source.

The documentation does not address this. Does anybody have any ideas?

View raw message