db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Guillaume CHAUVET <guillaume.chau...@qualiformed.com>
Subject CallableStatement: SYSCS_(S/G)ET_DATABASE_PROPERTY behaviours
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:45:03 GMT
Hello Derby users !

I encountered some difficulties with Derby and CallableStatement. In my case, I try to save
a custom property into DB Derby properties (A database internal version number).
To do that, I use SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY and SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY functions.
Below, the SQL requests successfully executed from the default Netbeans SQL plugin :
===============================
CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('softrev', '1.0.0');
>Executed successfully in 0,001 s, 0 rows affected.
>Line 1, column 1
VALUES SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('softrev');
>Executed successfully in 0 s.
>Line 2, column 1
>1#  '1.0.0'                         (the expected result).

Now, I tried to do the same thing in Java (see the attached unitary test) , but nothing happens
as expected...

Attached, please find a maven draft with a unitary test that reproduce the unexpected behaviour.

Regards,
Guillaume