db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John English <john.fore...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Peculiar sorting behaviour?
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 16:53:21 GMT
On 02/04/2013 18:34, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> My guess is that it's the sort avoidance code that somehow gets confused
> into thinking the result is already in the correct order and that the
> sorting could be skipped. Hope you manage to reproduce it so we can fix
> it.

OK, this sounds possible. However, I've just tried a stripped-down example using
a prepared statement (yes, the username is a PS parameter) and it works
correctly, so I'm still trying.

Is there a way to get at the execution plan at the right level of detail that I
could use to see what's happening on a copy of the live database? (I am a bear
of very little brain when it gets to understanding execution plans!)

Many thanks,
--
John English