db-derby-user mailing list archives

From ping wei <pingwei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby.properties not functioning for replication setting?
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:56:13 GMT
Hi Knut Anders,

Replication is working fine. The intention of trying to make sure master has
data sent to slave is to keep the network port open. Due to network
security, port is set to close off in 30 minutes if no data is transported.
Once the network port closed, replication down.

As long as properly failover at master, slave should have all data in-sync (
am i right ? ), so this wouldn't be a problem. Also, understood that if
emergency case happen, there might be possibility of losing small chunk of
data.

Does it mean the data actually sent over and stored in slave buffer? ( back
to my intention of making sure there is data sent over to keep the
replication port open )

Anyway to rectify that replication is replicating data over?

I have set "derby.replication.verbose=true" but doesnt see replicating data
logging down although i keep pumping data over, and after fail-over, i seen
the data at slave updated.

Anything i miss out or is there an alternative way for replication to keep
alive?

Appreciate your help, thanks a lot.

Regards,
Ping Wei.