From: Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com>
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Sent: Friday, March 1, 2013 8:38 AM
Subject: Re: How to limit Derby size on Disk?

On 2/28/13 2:34 PM, Oskar Zinger wrote:
> Is there a way to limit the size of the Derby database and how large it can grown on disk?
>
> Thanks,
> Oskar
>
> Sent from my iPhone
Hi Oskar,

I'm not aware of any useful way to do this. You can always use operating system controls to limit the size of the database directory. But when Derby hits that limit, it will probably fail in an ungraceful way. It's worth logging an enhancement request for this functionality.

What kind of limits would you like to see:

1) Limits on the total space consumed by a database.

2) Limits on the total space consumed by an individual table.

3) Limits on the number of rows in an individual table.

4) Limits on the total space consumed by all tables owned by a given user or role.

5) Something else?

Thanks,
-Rick